Tuesday 8–Sunday 13 August 2017
THE TRBC CHORAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Warwick University/Coventry Cathedral
- How to book
- More about the TRBC Summer School
- Read the glowing review from Classical Music (opens in a new window)
With three successful Summer Schools completed (see link above to the excellent review we received in the 2016 Rhinegold Summer Schools supplement), we invite you to set aside a week in August 2017 to join us for our fourth TRBC Choral Summer School. The main work for study will be Elgar’s magnificent The Dream of Gerontius, which we will perform in Coventry Cathedral on Saturday 12 August with soloists and full orchestra.
You will also be able to participate in various workshops, including time spent on choral technique (intonation, sight singing, blend and breath control); there will be a trip to the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford, and other attractions will be added in due course.
Those taking part in The TRBC Choral Summer School in 2017 will:
• rehearse the main choral work daily with Brian Kay;
• perform in Coventry Cathedral with a professional orchestra and young prize-winning soloists;
• explore other areas of choral singing in afternoon workshops with Chris Finch;
• spend a week in the company of like-minded people;
• enjoy comfortable accommodation and delicious meals on the attractive Warwick University campus.
The full timetable of the full week’s activities will be available in March 2017.