Tuesday 9–Sunday 14 August 2016
THE TRBC CHORAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Warwick University/Birmingham Town Hall
- Download a booking form
- More information (coming shortly)
With two successful Summer Schools completed, we invite you to set aside a week in August 2016 to join us for the third TRBC Choral Summer School, this time with an additional exciting twist. By popular demand, the main work for 2016 will be Mendelssohn’s dramatic oratorio Elijah, and we discovered almost by chance that the first performance of this work was given in Birmingham Town Hall in August 1846. A 170th anniversary was too good to ignore, so we will temporarily part company with Coventry Cathedral and follow in Mendelssohn’s footsteps to Birmingham.
You will also be able to participate in various workshops, including time spent on choral technique (intonation, sight singing, blend and breath control); there will be a trip to the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford, and other attractions will be added in due course.
Those taking part in The TRBC Choral Summer School in 2016 will:
• rehearse the main choral work daily with Brian Kay;
• perform in Birmingham Tow Hall with a professional orchestra and young prize-winning soloists;
• explore other areas of choral singing and vocal technique in afternoon workshops with Chris Finch and Brian Kay;
• enjoy comfortable accommodation and delicious meals on the attractive Warwick University campus.
You will able to download the provisional timetable of the full week’s activities shortly.