Tuesday 11–Sunday 16 August 2015
THE TRBC CHORAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Warwick University/Coventry Cathedral
3 August: Download an up-to-date map of Warwick University campus and the final timetable
11 March: We are delighted to announce that the composer John Rutter will be our special guest for the evening of Wednesday 12 August.
- Booking details
- More information
- Download the confirmed course timetable (will print as an 8-page A5 booklet if you have the correct print settings)
Following the success of our first Summer School in 2014, we invite you to take time off in August 2015 to join us for the second TRBC Choral Summer School where choral singing will be at the heart of everything. The main work for our end-of-week concert in Coventry Cathedral will be Brahms’s incomparable Ein deutsches Requiem which we will study and perform in the original German. You will also be able to participate in various workshops, including time spent on choral technique (intonation, sight singing, blend and breath control). For the evening of Wednesday 12 August our special guest will be the composer John Rutter, who will reveal ‘Confessions of a Composer’ in conversation with Brian Kay. Expect to hear anecdotes, backstage secrets and tricks of the trade in a thoroughly entertaining evening which will culminate in informal questions from the floor.
Those taking part in The TRBC Choral Summer School in 2015 will:
• rehearse the main choral work daily with Brian Kay;
• perform in Coventry Cathedral with a professional orchestra and young prize-winning soloists;
• explore other areas of choral singing and vocal technique in afternoon workshops with Chris Finch and Brian Kay;
• enjoy comfortable accommodation and delicious meals on the attractive Warwick University campus.
An optional excursion has been arranged to see the Royal Shakespeare Company’s performance of The Merchant of Venice at Stratford upon Avon on Thursday 13 August. You can download the provisional timetable of the full week’s activities here.
For more details click on to more information.