Can I travel independently on one of your overseas singing holidays?

Usually you can, providing there is sufficient space in the concert venue. Our travel partner, Specialised Travel Ltd, will usually offer a package which excludes travel but includes hotel accommodation and the music element; they may also offer a ‘music only’ package which includes just the rehearsals and concert. Prices are given in the sales document sent to everyone who enquires.

People are sometimes surprised at the cost of a ‘music only’ package. The price reflects the fact that the number of singers taking part in overseas events is far less than at the Royal Albert Hall, and yet the costs involved in organising a concert at a prestigious foreign venue are substantial. All singers contribute to the hire of rehearsal and concert venues (including churches), staging, choir seating, sound equipment and publicity; fees, flights and hotel expenses for conductors and soloists; and fees, expenses and music hire for the local orchestra. Such costs add up to tens of thousands of pounds. 

How will I know what to bring with me?

Your music is the most important thing, and we recommend you acquire this well in advance of the trip since we will not be able to provide it. (To find out where to get hold of the music you need, click here.) Roughly two weeks before departure our travel partners, Specialised Travel Ltd, will send your tickets and general information about the trip, including details of the local currency, the likely weather conditions and suitable clothing for the time of year.  As part of that mailing we will include our own leaflet telling you everything you need to know about the musical side of things, including what clothes to pack for the concert and what facilities there are at the concert venue.